Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Finally.... here is Albuquerque

I know I am a month late on this post and I know everybody is wondering what happened to me. Well, life happened and so this post hasn't happened until now. Right now I am waiting for paint to dry in Maelyn's room so I thought I better post really quick while I have 10 minutes to myself.

Where did I leave off last time? Oh right, I had just gotten to Albuquerque with a broken DVD player. Well, on with our vacation.....

The week in Albuquerque was a ton of fun. We did a lot of relaxing and a lot of activities. One of the first things we did was go to a bounce play land. (The kind with several blow up slides) The kids had a blast there. I think this was probably their favorite activity of the whole week. I unfortunately forgot my camera so no pictures, sorry. Then another day we went miniature golfing. Grandma Z smoked us all with her golfing skills. All of us except Claire was able to get a hole in one. I think the thing that Claire liked the most about golfing was the chance to sit on the pretend animals. She isn't the most patient person to do golfing. Jaden was a super competitive golfer and Maelyn just wanted to have fun.
The other fun activity we did in Albuquerque was to go to the zoo. I haven't taken my kids to the zoo in a very long time so we decided to go while we were in Albuquerque. The highlight of the zoo was seeing the polar bears being fed. It was the only place that Jaden wasn't complaining. I think he is getting too old for the zoo which is why I haven't been there for so long.
The week flew by and before I knew it we were on our way back home. My DVD player was still broken on the drive back unfortunately. My mom and I figured out that the fuse that gives the DVD power was blown. We replaced that fuse and the DVD player worked for 3 days and then it blew again. Since then it hasn't worked because there is a short in either the radio or DVD player that blows the fuse every time I start the car. Luckily I had my laptop and was able to buy something at Pep Boys that allowed me to power the laptop. I am SOOOO glad that I had the laptop for the drive home. I really don't know how I would have made it home safely without some sort of DVD player. I think I would have made Corbin fly to Albuquerque just to drive home with me if we didn't have a DVD player. Luckily we didn't have to do that. We made it home safe but extremely tired of the car. I think I cured myself of wanting to go on a long car ride for quite some time. :) We did have a great time with my parents. It is always good to have a week to spend with them especially with having them so far away. Thanks Grandma Z and Papa for letting us come invade your house!

2 comments:

shoenes said...

Loved all the pictures from your trip. Looks like everyone had a lot of fun. Glad you get to visit with your parents, too. Sorry about the DVD player, but you were very clever in making the best of a bad situation.

Hoenes Family said...

It's about time you updated your blog! ;) What I want to know is what happend AFTER Albequerque which was in APRIL you have had a whole month go by! Love all your pics.