Halloween this year was perfect! Good weather, good company, and cute kids! The Halloween weekend started off with a Daybreak trick-or-treat street that we went to with our neighbors, the Carpenter's. It was a bit crowded and not enough candy but it was still fun to get the kids dressed up and go.
The day before Halloween we carved our pumpkins. Claire loved every minute of it and wanted to use the knife herself. That kid is VERY independent. Luckily I was able to talk her into letting me help use the knife.
Maelyn also loved every minute of the pumpkins. It took her forever to decide what she wanted to carve on her pumpkin but once she did she did the whole thing herself.
Then there is the moody teenager. I think most of the pictures that you will see from now on might have the kind of looks, like in the pictures below. He has informed me that I take too many pictures and he hates them. He didn't love carving pumpkins with us but he didn't hate it too much.
Halloween night was a bit different this year because Jaden has graduated from trick-or-treating with the family to going with friends. He and his Minecraft buddies (Mason, Madden, and Will) made their own costumes and set out with pillowcases for a night of trick-or-treating. Me and the other parents were convinced that NOBODY would know what they were dressed up as but we were proven wrong. There weren't a ton of people who knew what Minecraft was but there were some. Thanks to Chiara who took these pictures....I stole them from her blog :)
Another reason Halloween was so great was because my mom, Brandon, and Parker were here to trick-or-treat with us this year. Mom has never been here on Halloween with her grandkids but this year because Shereece had her baby, she was in town. We had a blast trick-or-treating with Grandma, Wally, Parker, and the Carpenters! I love the fall!
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Such cute, cute costumes--so inventive. Jaden's was great! I wouldn't have known what he was, but it was a great costume anyway. The pictures were wonderful, too. Sorry Jaden hates the pictures, but I love them! The pumpkins were wonderful, too! They are so much better than we used to do--ours were so blah! Great post!
Oh my. Those Mine Craft pics of Jaden and his friends are total classics! Taylor and I are cracking up right now! Also Jaden's faces that you captured are priceless. He will love to show those to his wife some day ;) Cute cute costumes!!!! Way impressive Maelyn carved the pumpkin all by herself!
so cute!! Moody teenager is right! Why didn't someone warn us that the moody teenager attitude starts at age 10? I was counting on a few more sweet years. Dang! ;)-
Post a Comment