Sunday, June 29, 2008

Experiment

I have a couple friends that have started blogging and I love to read theirs so I guess I'm going to try it myself. Right now I guess I just want to start doing it for myself. Kind of like a journal. It seems like I am always on the computer and I'm not very good at writing in my journal. I guess it remains to be seen if this will work for me. I don't think that I'll be as eloquent as they are. I was never good at writing papers in English class. In fact English was my least favorite subject. To say the least, I hated it! Anyway, I'm going to give this blogging thing a try.

So, summer vacation is right around the corner for my family. Jaden gets out of school in a couple days. In a way I can't wait not to have a schedule to follow. But he gets bored easily so I have a feeling that it is going to be a long summer. He doesn't go back to school until the end of August so hopefully I can keep him busy enough that he doesn't get into too much trouble. He likes to get into trouble when he is bored. He has been a very challenging child for me. I think he reminds me a little too much of my twin brothers. Full of energy and defiant. I babysat a ton growing up. Sometimes I think that I would have more patience with my kids if I didn't babysit so much growing up. Jaden is a good kid when he wants to be. We call him Mr. Magoo when he is being good. He is very stubborn so when things are going his way things are good. When he doesn't like something he turns into Mr. Hyde. Hopefully as a parent I can teach him how to take that stubborn attitude and use it for the good. He is such a smart boy and I know that he can do good things when he puts his mind to it. Maelyn is my girly-girl. She is my laid back child. My favorite thing about her is we can tell her that she can't do something and she will say "Maybe tomorrow". I love it! It is such a change from Jaden who still throws a fit if he doesn't get his way. Maelyn starts Kindergarten this year which is insane. It seems like she was just born. Time goes by so fast. It seems like Claire was just born and she is already 14 months old. She has been a hard baby but yet I have enjoyed her so much. I think because I'm an experienced mom and she is our last baby, I have enjoyed her even more. Right now is my favorite age. She is learning so much and is so cute with all the little things she does. She is very much like Jaden was. Very active and stubborn. Today at church she would not hold still. She was all over the place. When she puts her mind to something she will not change her mind. I know how to handle this kind of activeness much better now than with Jaden. It is so true that parents have no idea what they are doing with their first child. It is all just trial and error. I turned out okay being the oldest of 5 kids so hopefully Jaden will be okay. Claire likes attention from just about anyone as long as I'm around. She is a little too attached to me. It makes it very hard to go away from her. I love my children so much. Corbin and the kids are my whole life. I honestly would be lost without them.

No comments: