Sunday, July 6, 2008

Vacation week


This past week has been a busy fun week. Corbin took some time off from work so we were able to do a ton of fun things with the kids. We took them to the zoo one of the days. Jaden and Maelyn don't seem to care too much about the zoo anymore but Claire was loving the animals. She goes crazy when she sees any sort of animal. We have some dogs in our neighbors yard that she is always wanting to see. Her favorite word is "doggie" which actually sounds like da-da. Her favorite animal at the zoo was the monkey. They all loved the new carousel at the zoo. It was probably the best part for Maelyn and Jaden. The next day we went to the children's museum. It was a really fun thing to do with the kids. We literally had to drag the kids out of there. They did not want to leave. It is so fun to see your kids enjoy themselves. That is my favorite part of being a parent. I love to see them have fun. Maelyn's favorite part of the museum was a play house that was just the right size for her. It had a kitchen, dining area, and a family room with furniture. She also liked the pretend grocery store. Jaden loved everything in there. This was just the kind of activity he likes, tons of things to keep him busy. The fourth of July was fun for the kids as well. In the morning we drove up to Kaysville for the parade. It is a family tradition to do the parade and then have a barbeque. Jaden and Maelyn loved getting all the candy from the parade. I think that is their favorite thing about the parade besides being with their cousins. Claire really didn't care too much about the parade although she did like the salt water taffy. After the barbeque we went back home to see the fireworks. Jaden was way excited for this. He has a fascination with fire and fireworks. He loves to light the fireworks which scares me to death. Claire liked the fireworks for about 5 minutes and then she was done. I think she was just too tired to really care. It really was a great week with Corbin being home. I love to spend time as a family doing fun things. All I have in this life that I really care about is my family. I know I don't show them enough love sometimes. It is hard to be mom and devote all your time and energy into children. I am learning to be more patient and loving one day at a time. I love all my kids so much.

No comments: