Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Introducing Penny

Penny is the newest member of our household. She was part of Maelyn's birthday present. It was a very exciting day when we went to pick her out. Maelyn had so fun picking Penny out. She liked the fact that Penny was a fast hamster and that's why she chose her. Unfortunately because she is SUPER fast Maelyn can't hold her. In fact nobody can hold her because she is so fast. When we brought Penny home, Corbin was setting up the cage so we put Penny in her ball and first thing Claire did was to kick the ball. She thought that it was a ball to kick. I swear Claire is like Darla from "Finding Nemo". I really hope Penny survives Claire. So far things are going pretty good with Penny. She is nocturnal so unfortunately she is only really active at night. We do get her up and make her run around sometimes. The kids love having her and watching her. They just wish that they could hold her. I guess Maelyn should have chosen a slower one if they wanted to hold her. Oh well, it is fun to watch her go 100 mph on her wheel.

3 comments:

shoenes said...

Guess everyone gets to have a hamster. We went through a few. Guess that will keep the children a little busy this summer. Love the new picture of the children!

Hoenes Family said...

You are a brave soul to get a hamster! I love all of your moab pics. Looks like you guys had a really fun time!

Chiara said...

Want another one? Seriously....I'm trying to find someone to give mine too. We're done with him! :) And we'll be out of town so much this summer.....I'm tempted to just let him go in the backyard....is that mean?