My little girl has turned eight. I know I say this a lot, where did the time go? It is amazing how fast time goes and it seems to me that the older I get, the faster it goes. Just yesterday Maelyn was a sweet little girl who would always say "Oh well, maybe next time." Now she is growing up to be a young woman. She is super talented and such a sweet heart.
A couple weeks before her baptism I was able to go do a photo shoot with her. She was such a good sport about it. I really wish I would have had my fancy camera to do this for Jaden as well because he doesn't have pictures like this and that makes me sad. The pictures turned out really cute. I couldn't just put in few favorites so you get to see most of them!
Maelyn got baptized on July 9th with two other people from our ward. It was a special day for all of us. It was really neat to be the one helping Maelyn get out of her wet clothes after being baptized. She was shivering from being wet and I asked her how she felt and she said "I feel so good!" I loved hearing that from her especially since she doesn't talk a whole lot.
The confirmation was a bit chaotic because they put us in the gym with the families of all 3 kids in our ward. It was loud from all the kids running around and it was super hard to hear the confirmations. Luckily I got to sit in the front row otherwise I wouldn't have been able to hear.








2 comments:
That was a great day and you have so many great pictures to remember it by. Maelyn is such a special sweet girl--so glad she is in our family! Congratulations, Maelyn--we love you!
Agreed, it was a great day! Love her dress and all the pics. SO CUTE!
Post a Comment