My new fascination online is Pinterest. It is a major time suck for me looking at all the wonderful projects and food that is on there. Here is a picture of some bread I made that I found on Pinterest. Isn't it divine looking? It seriously tasted as good as it looks. So glad I found this recipe! It is also the easiest bread you'll ever make. Seriously, so easy!
I got to babysit my cute little niece, Sophia last week. This is the same baby I took newborn pictures of a couple months ago. Isn't she so cute? Claire had a great time with her for the first 30 minutes and then after that Claire lost interest. She didn't like that Sophia cried. She said it was too loud. Claire wouldn't know what to do if she wasn't the baby in our house!
A couple weeks ago, Jaden went on his first overnight campout with the scouts (without Corbin). I was a nervous wreck worrying about him especially since it is WINTER! I was worried that he wouldn't be warm enough and a million other reasons. I wanted him to have a good time so bad because he complains about scouts. Luckily he had a great time and he was mostly warm. I'm so glad he had fun! Here are 2 pictures that his leader emailed me. Thank goodness for good scout leaders!
Lastly, the BYU science fair was this week. Jaden kicked and screamed the whole time preparing for this because he didn't want to do more work. Me and Corbin had him change his display board a little to make it more interesting. Boy, you would have thought the world was ending! We finally got it all done the night before it was due. We had to drive to Provo on Tuesday night to set up his project. Then on Wednesday morning he took a bus to Provo with the rest of the students. He had to take his own laptop to the fair and I was so worried about that. I didn't want him to lose it or it to get stolen. I think I told him 5 times to keep the backpack with the computer in it with him at all times. Well, guess what he did? He left the backpack on the bus! Yep, I was furious when I found out. Because he did that, the first 2 judges weren't able to see his project on the computer. Luckily the bus driver was able to get back in time for the last 2 judges! I totally thought he blew his chance at winning anything but while I was driving back from Provo with him we looked at the website that they post the winners, and he was one of them! (Jaden looked it up on my phone, not me. I don't surf the web while driving) I was shocked that he won and he was way excited. We didn't know what he won until we drove down to Provo again that night for the award ceremony. He won fourth place in his category of Engineering and Computer Science. I totally think he would have placed higher if he wouldn't have forgotten his computer but I'm still extremely proud of him. What a cool accomplishment! He was so excited to win because he got $15!
Congratulations Jaden!






1 comment:
Finally, we get to see the famous Riley--they look so cute together, too! (I'll look for an update in about 15 years). The bread you made looks great--you have that baking knack--I hope you'll send me the recipe. Great to see Jaden enjoying scouts (it's so fun for the boys and they really learn important skills). Also, great about the Science Fair and that Jaden won 4th place. That is so impressive. Hope that inspires him to do more! Great post! I do look forward to them and seeing what you all are doing.
Post a Comment