Thursday, April 19, 2012

Claire turns five!!!

We have hit a major milestone in our house. Our baby is five years old. It all seems surreal that Claire is so old. It first started to hit me when we went to Claire's Kindergarten orientation a few weeks ago. My kids are getting too old and it is so sad!

Claire with Fireball (school mascot) at kindergarten orientation
Claire's birthday was quite the busy day. We first went to lunch with Shereece and Alex at McDonald's. Claire had a great time playing with her cousin there. After lunch it was straight to school. When I picked her up from school she was so happy. She had gotten to hand out birthday treats, her teacher had given her a small present, and they sang to her. She asked me "Why do all these people love me? They keep telling me Happy Birthday!". She obviously loves all the attention. When we got home from school it was torture for her to wait for Corbin, Grandma, and Grandpa Hoenes to get there so she could open her presents. Once we could open the presents she was so excited. It was a Pinkalicious year for Claire. She got a few Pinkalicious books and a Pinkalicious helmet from Grandma and Grandpa Hoenes. And then she got legos and a Pinkalicious bike from us. I think she was totally shocked about the bike. I didn't get the reaction that I expected when she saw her new bike. I think she was more excited about the legos. After opening presents we all went out to dinner at Red Robin. Yummy!

The day after Claire's birthday we had her friend party. This year I decided to have the party at a location other than my house. The week of Claire's birthday was so incredibly busy that I didn't want to worry about a home party. So we decided to go to a place called Airborne Trampoline. It is a place with a ton of trampolines and foam pits. The kids had a blast and luckily we only had a few minor injuries. It was a little hard keeping track of 10 five year olds but I had the help of my friend Kim and my sister-in-law Mallory to help out. Claire had a blast with all her friends. It was a great birthday!

Jump time
Pizza, cake and present time
Top row left to right: Tess, Ava, Claire, Aubree, Parker
Bottom row left to right: Caisa, Isabella, Jackson, Helen, Cameron
Claire's sixlets birthday cake and party favors (ideas from Pinterest)
Happy Birthday Claire! We are so lucky to have you in our family. You bring a lot of happiness and cuteness to our family!

2 comments:

shoenes said...

So glad you are having a few minutes to post. Loved seeing all the fun Claire had for her birthday. Great cake!

Hoenes Family said...

Okay, you put me to shame. Kenzi would have loved the trampoline place. That cake is amazing! Happy birthday to Claire! I love that last picture with things she loves. Glad you made the list ;)