Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Albuquerque 2012

Maelyn was off track all of April so we headed to Albuquerque for our annual trip.  April seems like the perfect month to visit my Mom and Dad.  This time however we weren't able to take Jaden with us because he is on a different track now.  So the girls headed out for a road trip and the boys got to stay home.  

We had a ton of fun while visiting Grandma Z and Papa.  One of the first things the girls got to do was to go to a bounce house place.  The girls absolutely love these kind of places.  I think they could stay here all day if they could.  Too bad the adults get bored so fast :)
 
Wednesday the 18th was my Mom's birthday and so we made a full day of fun.  We first started with pedicures for the big girls and fingernails painted for the little girls.  I don't get pedicures very often so when I do, I'm in heaven.  After the pampering of the feet we were off to get Claire's ears pierced.  She has been looking forward to this for quite some time.  Maelyn got hers done at age 5 so whenever Claire would ask to get hers done we would tell her that she has to wait until she turns five.  Needless to say she was sooooo excited to get this done.  I prepared her by telling her that it would hurt a little and I told her Maelyn didn't cry when she got hers done.  I told her that I thought she was going to be brave and not cry either.  She did very good and didn't cry at all.  She got tears in her eyes but that was it.  Maybe she was distracted looking at the girl who pierced Claire's ears (she had a lip ring and other multiple piercings).
 
Here is a video of her getting her ears pierced




After getting the ears pierced we went to lunch then went back to my Mom's for some down time.  The girls had fun playing in the backyard with the sprinklers.  

Then that night it was time for presents and dinner.  It was nice to be there for my Mom's birthday and get to celebrate with her.  

Another thing that we did while in Albuquerque is to go to the aquarium.  This is something that we always do and something that the girls love.  They actually chose to go to the aquarium over the zoo.  They both had a good time although Claire wanted to rush through it.  I think I could spend all day there. 
 

On Saturday we went to see "Mirror, Mirror" with everybody.  It was a pretty decent movie.  After that we went and did a quick go cart ride.  My poor Dad really didn't fit in the go cart very well.  I guess they don't make them to fit a 6'5" guy!

Those are our highlights of the trip to Albuquerque.  I love going down there for some good one-on-one time with my parents!  I really wish they lived closer!

2 comments:

shoenes said...

So glad to see how much fun you all had with your parents. Claire was really brave getting her ears done! Amazing she didn't cry! Great you get to spend this time with your parents--I'm sure it is so hard having them so far away since they are so great!

Zina said...

We had an awesome time with you and the girls. You do a great job with your posting. We especially love to see them when we can not be there. Thanks for taking time to come down and visit us. We sure appreciate it.