Monday, August 20, 2012

School time again!

Three weeks is not enough time for summer!  My kids started their summer June 30th and it ended July 25th.  Usually we have a 6 week summer but because we switched tracks, they only had 3 weeks.  Not enough if you ask any of us!!!  So on July 25th, Jaden started sixth grade and Maelyn started fourth grade.  How is it that Jaden is old enough for sixth grade?  One more year and then junior high.  Sniff,sniff.....
 

Can you tell they are siblings?  Squinty eyes, fake smile, etc.


Claire started school a week later than the big kids.  The teachers do Kindergarten testing the first week of regular school so the official first day of Kindergarten was August 2nd.  Claire was so super excited to start school.  She has been waiting to go to the "big" school for a long time.  She had absolutely no hesitation about leaving me at home all by myself.  So sad!  Claire gets to be in the same class as her friend Cameron which she is super excited about.  I was babysitting Cameron on the first day of school so I got to take both of them.  They were so cute together!  I totally didn't think I would cry when I took her but after dropping her off and walking away, I couldn't help myself.  It is so hard to believe that I am a mom with all of her kids in the public school system.  So weird and so sad!
 
 

1 comment:

shoenes said...

Such cute pictures of the children. Seems so strange since the children in our area don't start until Sept. this year. The pictures of Claire (and Cameron) were especially cute!