We spent 3 days at Disneyland-California Adventure. It was a good thing that we did 3 days because it was so crowded. We always go in the fall and it has never been this crowded before. I think with the opening of the new Cars land, it has drawn a ton of people to California. Between the crowds and the extreme heat (99 degrees one day), it was a bit more uncomfortable for everyone but we still had fun!
We didn't spend a ton of time this year with getting pictures and signatures from all the characters. If there was a short line we stopped. Claire only cared when it was a person that she hasn't seen before.

One character that she really wanted to see was Eeyore. She has a stuffed Eeyore that she has slept with for years. He makes sure that she doesn't have bad dreams so seeing him at Disneyland was special.

All of the kids are really into the high adrenaline rides. I'm so glad that I don't have one kid that doesn't like scary rides. It makes it fun when all of us like the same kind of rides. In fact my whole family LOVES the Tower of Terror but I am the chicken with that ride. I'll go on it but I don't like it! Claire was very proud of herself this year because she kept her eyes open the whole time and she got to the point that she raised her hands up the whole time as well. She is a little daredevil!

We luckily had time to do all the rides that we wanted to do. It was nice to not feel too rushed. The only reason I felt rushed was to beat the insane amount of people. We got a lot of rides in during the morning hours and then the lines would get long and we would get hot and tired and then take a break.

We did some new things this year. One thing that we did that we have never done is we saw the Aladdin spectacular. It is like a mini version of a broadway show. It was SO good and worth the wait. It was even better because it was inside an air conditioned theater :) Another thing that was new was the Cars land. Disney did a great job with the Cars land. The detail that they put in it was amazing. The main ride, Radiator Springs, was a very fun ride. It was almost impossible to get on though unless you wait in ginormous lines. We waited in the super long line once (75 min) and then after that we took turns with the big kids in the single rider line (that was still a 30 minute wait). The last thing that we did that was new was the scavenger hunt at the Redwood Creek Trail. The kids loved doing this and even Jaden got all into it.



2 comments:
Looks like you did have such a great time. I even saw Jaden looking like he was having a good time! Great pictures and memories!
This makes me want to go to Disneyland! I wish we could go at the same time some time :( That is so fun you all get to ride all the rides!!
Post a Comment