Before I tell about Halloween I need to share a quick picture of all the grandkids with my dad. My parents came for a quick trip the beginning of October. My dad had a meeting in Salt Lake so they got to come! Yay! My dad gives these shirts to the grandkids every year from the balloon fiesta. They make really good pj shirts!

Now we can fast forward to after Disneyland.....We took the kids to the pumpkin patch the weekend after got back from California. The girls loved it and Jaden was indifferent (like with most things)

We carved pumpkins for family home evening right before Halloween. Maelyn did her pumpkin all by herself except a tiny bit. Claire wanted to do it all but doesn't quite have the strength or dexterity for it.

For the whole month of October Jaden kept telling me he didn't want to go trick-or-treating. I kept asking if he was sure he didn't want to go and his answer was always that he wanted to stay home. I decided to try getting an easy costume put together for his class party at school. I picked up a white t-shirt at Walmart and decided he could be Napolean Dynamite. He has seen the movie and loved it so I thought it would be a good fit. So the day before Halloween Jaden came home from school and declared he did want to go trick-or-treating. It is a good thing I started to prepare a costume. We decided to go shopping for a wig for his Napolean costume. Once we got to the store he got his brain fixated on being a zombie. After fighting with him about it he decided to pay for the zombie costume himself. Luckily he tried on the costume and it irritated his neck so he didn't get it, thank goodness! I do have to say that his Napolean costume was much better than a zombie!
Halloween day I was able to go to the kids school Halloween parade. Usually my kids are on D track and aren't in school on Halloween but this year they were in school so I was able to go to the parade.

I really had a blast with the kids on Halloween. Trick-or-treating was so nice this year with the good weather. I wasn't cold at all! Jaden went trick-or-treating with his friends and also had a blast. When he came home he opened the door and immediately said "Best. Halloween. Ever!" It really was for all of us!








2 comments:
So many great pictures of the children--they looked awesome! So glad everyone had such a great Halloween (it does help when the weather is nice. Loved the costumes, too.
Okay- Jaden's costume= HILARIOUS! You tell him, he made his Aunt Kali proud ;) All their costumes were great! So cute.
Post a Comment