I have absolutely nothing to tell or show you from January. I didn't even bring out my camera once the whole month. I think I have tried to block out the whole month mentally. I remember being really cold, really burned out, and really exhausted. I did start running again though which made things a bit better. I'm always happier when I work out. January is such a hard month for me so I am just happy it is over and spring is right around the corner finally!
These pictures were taken the beginning of February but they could have easily been taken in January.

Valentines day was a little early for Maelyn's class because she was off track for Valentines day. She was able to have a party and make a box before going off track. We kind of procrastinated making the box so this is what we came up with at the last minute thanks to Pinterest. (Claire's class didn't have a party at all. How sad is that?)

The Sunday before Valentines we had a fun time making cookies after church. Even Jaden got in on the fun! I love it when all my kids participate and have a good time :)

The day before Valentines Jaden had a Young Mens activity where they went and delivered roses and a poem to each of the young women. When he got home there was a knock at the door and when we opened it we discovered Jaden had been given a heart attack (hearts taped all over the door). The Young Women gave him a heart shaped, ginormous rice crispy treat and there were hand written notes on the paper hearts. He was so excited and happy to get this. He said "Wow! What they did was so much nicer than what we did for them!" I found that quite hilarious because I'm constantly thinking what Corbin does for me is always nicer than what I do for him. It's not a contest or anything so that is what I told Jaden. It is the thought that counts. I totally spaced taking pictures of the door so I got pictures with the hearts all over him.

As I said before, the girls were off track the last half of February so there was a lot of down time and playing. The first week had its rough moments with fighting but after that the rest of the time was great. One afternoon they had a tea party with all the stuffed animals and dolls. Every person/toy even had their own name tag. I totally love it when my girls play like this together. I know it won't last too much longer because Maelyn is quickly growing out of the pretend stage. I just hope she can still pretend once in a while to play with her little sister. She really is a great big sister to Claire. She has to put up with a lot with our spunky five year old!












1 comment:
Thanks for all the fun pictures of the great activities and our cold, cold winter. Glad to see Jaden enjoying the activities, too. Yeah!
Post a Comment