
After riding the ferris wheel we walked around the store and did all the little picture places that they have in the store. The kids had a pretty good time and it only cost me $3.00 which is even better!

Claire loves to make notes and pictures for everybody. She is constantly making me cards and makes them for her teacher all the time. One day she made one for Oreo and gave it to her while she was napping in the sun. Oreo loved the note so much she slept with it right next to her. The note says "Dear Oreo, I like you because you ar fre (furry). Love Claire" I love getting notes from my kids!

Another thing we did while the girls were off track was go to the pet store with Oreo. The girls had a fun time looking at all the pets and Oreo had fun sniffing all the end caps where the dogs had marked their territory. Gross!!! While we were there we found some huge bones. Claire thought it would be funny to try to get Oreo to eat them. Oreo had no clue what to do with them because they were so big!

The rest of off track time was spent with Grandma Z and Papa. They came to stay so they could look for a house in Utah. Yep, they are finally moving back!!! I cannot begin to express how happy this makes me! I have lived hundreds of miles away from them for 17 years which is almost as long as the 18 years I lived with them growing up. It has been long enough living far away from them! It will be nice seeing them on a regular basis and to be able to have them come to birthdays and recitals and everything else they have missed out on. Now lets just hope that their house sells and everything can go smoothly.
Ok, now for a few random things.....
After the long, cold month of January we had some warm weather (40 degrees) and Claire decided it was nice enough for some sun bathing in the back yard. It did feel so nice to feel the sun!

When Jaden learned to read several years ago, he learned to read with these books that teach how to read really good. He got these books from school and then when Maelyn learned to read she didn't have the same series of books. She really struggled for a while until we went out and bought the same books. After that things got better for her. So now teaching Claire to read has been a pretty good experience. She has finally passed off all 27 books of the first series. She is really proud of herself and so am I!

For Christmas I got a really cool present from Sharon. I got a photography background! I have been wanting one for a long time. I put it on my list as something Corbin could get me but I got surprised when Sharon got it for me. I finally had to get it out and try it especially since I was babysitting Sophia. She is my good luck charm with taking pictures. ;-) I am so happy with how the pictures turned out. I love it!!! Thanks Sharon!





1 comment:
Looks like you all had fun "off track". Loved all the cute pictures of the children--especially some cute ones of Claire. Notes are lots of fun!
Post a Comment