Wednesday, July 31, 2013

One table, three different looks

We have had one table for 14 years and it has changed over the years.  Unfortunately I don't have a digital copy of the original look and honestly I don't want to dig in boxes for a copy of a picture.  It started out a natural pine color, then I painted it black almost nine years ago.  I was ready for another change and so I went the opposite of black.  I love how it turned out but hated how long it took me.  Each chair took 3 coats of paint and 2 coats of wax which equals almost five hours of work per chair.  Needless to say, with all the stuff going in June it took me a whole month to finish the table and bookshelf.  It was a very time consuming project but yet very rewarding.  I love it!
 
 

Doesn't it look bright and summery? 

1 comment:

shoenes said...

Loved what you have done with your table, chairs, cabinet and the whole room! It really looks great! You really did such a wonderful job.