Maelyn's first day of school was on July 25th. I really can't believe she is 5th grade already. It makes her seem so old! Before I know it she will be in Jr. High.

Claire's first day of school was one day later than Maelyn's. I guess they start first grade one day later than the rest of the school. We had a short appointment with Claire's teacher on the 25th and then she started school on the 26th. This girl was so excited to start first grade. The things she was most excited for was eating lunch at school, playing on the "big" kids playground, and going in the morning with Maelyn. Claire was so excited to go to school that the night before the big day she didn't go to sleep until 10:45. I went up to bed myself at 10:30 and went to check on her and she was still awake. When I asked her what she was doing up, she said "I'm too excited to sleep!" I have never had a child so excited for school. She hasn't even been this excited for Christmas before.


1 comment:
I can't believe it is time for school to start already, either. Ours don't start for another 2 1/2 weeks. The girls both look so old! That is amazing how excited Claire was. Glad she is enjoying school.
Post a Comment