Thursday, May 14, 2009

Major anxiety

So, I have to speak in sacrament on Sunday and instead of preparing my talk I decided to do my blog. I am really procrastinating preparing my talk because I am having trouble with my anxiety. Talking in front of that many people is one of my biggest fears. Many of you will probably say that I do a good job when I speak. For example when I spoke at Jaden's baptism or when I bear my testimony after a baby's blessing. I'm hear to tell you that I feel like I'm going to pass out the whole time. I cannot think clearly while I'm up there so I could be speaking nonsense and I would have no clue. I even feel like this when I go to social events like enrichment night at the church. Corbin basically will have to kick me out of the house to go. When people talk to me I get all tongue tied and nervous and I think it is getting a little worse as I get older. Don't get me wrong, I like to socialize but there is something about it that makes me nervous. I bet most of you didn't even know this about me (except my mom). I really should go prepare my talk but maybe I can be sick on Sunday. The other primary presidency members might not appreciate that though :)

Before I go attempt to prepare my talk here is a picture of the garden Corbin and I just put in. This area in our yard used to be full of weeds and really ugly. We decided it was time to try a garden. I've always done tomatoes but this is the first year for other things like peas, beans, corn, watermelon, pumpkins, carrots, and strawberries. I really hope I can keep them alive and healthy. The kids are really excited to help with it and can't wait to pick the veggies. Hopefully they will be ready to pick before the fall comes.
 

No comments: