It has been a very long week with the kids being sick but thankfully they were all better by Friday. Luckily it was over by the time Halloween got here. Friday night we finally carved our pumpkins. The kids thought it was cool to carve the pumpkins that we grew in our garden. They weren't the biggest pumpkins but they were big enough for the kids to have fun. Claire LOVED to get the seeds out of the pumpkin and then stir them around in a bowl. Jaden and Maelyn were able to carve their pumpkins for the most part by themselves. Jaden was a little aggressive with the carving tools and broke two of them causing a cut on his finger. Maelyn was much softer with the tool and was able to carve her pumpkin pretty well for her first time. I didn't get many pictures of Claire because she was pretty grumpy and she doesn't like to cooperate for pictures.
See, look at how sad she was when we told her not to touch the knives. Boy, it has been a long week.
Halloween day was much better with Claire's mood. She was much happier than she was on Friday. All of the kids were really excited to go trick-or-treating. Claire wouldn't sit still for a picture, of course, so I had to be happy with what I got. I did get some cute ones of her by herself. Trying to get 3 kids to sit together and look at me all at the same time is a HUGE challenge, especially with a 2 year old. I know they wanted to go trick-or-treating and not to take pictures so I tried to be as fast as I could.
It was a fun Halloween and the kids had a great time getting a bunch of candy. I don't like all the candy wrappers but I do like seeing my kids happy.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Great looking pumpkins! Ours were never that creative--maybe when Corbin was older and designed some for us.
The children look so terrific in their costumes. Glad it was nice weather this year. Thanks for the pictures--love them!
Jaden looks really creepy!
Cute Anaika! I love the pic of Claire walking down the sidewalk, so cute. Great costumes and very cool that you grew your own pumpkins!
Post a Comment