Monday, January 11, 2010

Life

Right now life in our household is slow. Nothing really exciting is going on unless you count the stomach flu exciting. Last week was pretty long with 2 of the 3 kids getting sick. Claire is still struggling with getting better unfortunately. I wish winter was over and I also wish that people wouldn't bring their sick kids to nursery. I'm totally convinced that Claire got sick from nursery considering she got sick so soon after going there. Oh well, life happens and your kids get sick. We have been staying home and enjoying movie after movie. Right now Claire is loving the movie "Up". She usually doesn't like movies so it is a blessing that she likes this movie and she also likes "Shrek". Last week while going crazy in my house there was a spectacular sunset that I was able to snap a few pictures of. The picture would have been 100 times better if I could have left my sick kids at home and got to a place without the homes in the picture.
For all of you who have seen the movie "Julie & Julia", here is my attempt at the recipe "Beef Bourguignon". It was very good and tasty but kind of time consuming. I think this will be a special occasion meal.
Lastly, here a few pictures of Jaden trying out his new skateboard. He is going to have a fun time with his new skateboard and bike once this snow goes away. Is it May yet?

2 comments:

shoenes said...

Sorry you've had sick kids. Winter seems to bring that on. Good job on the cooking, too. Great picture! It was great even with the houses.
Jaden will have lots of fun on the skateboard. Next step is making a half pipe!

Hoenes Family said...

Oh I hate the flu!!! I'd blame the nursery too! Stinking people!! Leave your sickness at home! BOOO! HISSS! He he. I LOVE that picture of the sunset. I have a whole collection of sunset pictures I have taken at all the places I have traveled to. I love sunsets. That one you took is spectacular. I love that you try difficult recipes like the one in Julie and Julia! Good for you. It's not May there, but it is here! COME AND VISIT!!!