Friday, January 29, 2010

Polar Bears and a Ballerina

This past weekend Maelyn built a polar bear habitat for a school project. She absolutely loves to do little projects like this. Like I've said before, she is our "artsy" child. I remember doing a similar project with Jaden and it took forever because he really didn't want to do it. I think I ended up doing the majority of it and it was very painful! With Maelyn I helped get the supplies out and helped shape the polar bears heads and that is it. I left the room to go do something else and she went to town. This habitat is completely built and designed by Maelyn. Didn't she do a great job?
Claire is really into dancing lately with Maelyn. They love to get their ballerina outfits on and dance. I haven't had the chance to get pictures of them dancing together yet but I was able to take some of Claire the other day when the kids were at school. Their favorite song to dance to right now is "I want a hippopotomus for Christmas". Maybe I'll secretly video tape them dancing to the song and post it. It is very cute to see them do it.



2 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

I love that last one! Showin' off her attitude! What a cutie. Maeyln did an AMAZING job! I am super impressed!

shoenes said...

Maelyn did do a great job. Glad she enjoys things like that. Loved the pictures of Claire--she poses so cute.