Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ice skating lessons

Jaden and Maelyn have been taking ice skating lessons this month. It has been fun for them to be outside and learn how to skate. Maelyn is doing very well with the skating but Jaden, on the other hand, still needs some work. Jaden is very stubborn and wants to learn himself instead of listening to his teacher and his mom. He is having a hard time keeping his ankles from turning in. He is focusing on going fast instead of doing it the right way. He is convinced that it is too hard to skate without turning his ankles to the side. He is one stubborn boy! Hopefully he can learn to use that stubborness for good when he gets older. I guess I should just make sure they are having fun while they skate. I don't think I need to worry about that one!



1 comment:

Hoenes Family said...

What a fun thing to do! Maelyn is such a beauty. That seems like a pretty typical boy mind set to want to go fast!