Monday, March 1, 2010

Albuquerque

I'm back from a weekend with my parents in Albuquerque. I have the best husband in the world who let me go for four days without kids to visit my parents. It was a great four days that went by way too fast. I really miss having my parents close by so this was a great opportunity to see them. The day after I got there my mom and I went to a spa called "Ojo Caliente" right outside of Santa Fe. This spa is very old and has a ton of history to it. They have hot springs there that people have been going to for a long time. It was so relaxing to soak in their hot springs and then get my very first massage. It was heaven! I was so relieved that the person that gave me my massage was a very nice "grandma-ish" lady. I don't think I would have been comfortable with anyone else :) She was very nice and made me feel comfortable. Too bad massages cost a lot of money otherwise I think I would be hooked! After the spa we went into Sante Fe for the night. We ate yummy mexican food, went to a movie, and did some shopping the next day. Most of the pictures I have here are from Sante Fe's old town. There is a ton of history in this town. I should have learned more about the places I took pictures of but I was being a camera nerd and just took pictures.




I didn't get pictures of me and my mom at any of these places unfortunately but I was able to snap this one really quick of my mom driving. She is going to kill me for putting this one in my blog but it could have been worse!
Saturday was a day filled with taking pictures. I took my brother's engagement pictures (I'll post pictures of that later) and I was able to snap a few pictures of my mom and dad. After taking pictures we watched the Lobo/BYU basketball game. My parents are HUGE Lobo fans and lucky for them the Lobo's won. After the game it was more shopping and then crashing at their house for a quiet night. I didn't know how much all that picture taking and shopping can wear you out.
On Sunday it was church and then the airport and now I'm home. It was great to spend some quality time with my parents. I miss them so any chance I get to be with them, I will take. While I was gone Corbin played Mr. Mom and did a great job. He said it was like a vacation until Saturday came and things got crazy. Weekends are crazy with just one parent around to juggle the three kids. The kids really missed me while I was gone, especially Claire. She has always been pretty attached to me so this was a little hard on her. But it is good for her to be away from me. I think they are all very happy I'm home, especially Corbin :) Thanks honey, you are the best!

2 comments:

Zina said...

Thanks for coming to Albuquerque and spending time with us, we had a lot of fun with you. Your pictures are great except for the one of me in the car. Thanks for not posting the other one. Will you thank Corbin for taking time off work to take care of the kids.

Corbin Hoenes said...

I think this is your best blog post ever...+1 for the comment about your high quality husband. He sounds terrific :)