Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lots and Lots of Eggs

This Easter was full of egg hunts, family, candy, and fun. With my parents in town and going up to Grandma Hoenes' house we were kept busy. We all had a blast with all the activities. Sorry, this is going to be a long post with a lot of pictures. I did narrow down the pictures that I put in the post but there is still a ton of them. First off, here is the picture of the kids in their Easter outfits. I took the picture last week because Easter Sunday was conference. It was cold and windy when we took pictures so the kids didn't last long. I did get a couple good ones thank goodness.

Here are some pictures of what the kids got from the Easter bunny. Maelyn was super excited about the hula hoop. She is the easiest child to please. Claire and Jaden also liked what they got but they were more concerned with eating the candy.
Saturday was the day for the Hoenes family Easter egg hunt. Unfortunately the weather in Utah was not cooperating for an outdoor egg hunt so we had to do it inside Grandma's house. The little kids did their hunt upstairs and the older kids did theirs downstairs with all the spiders! EEK! (I HATE SPIDERS) The kids had fun finding the eggs with all the cousins and the spiders :)
Here's my favorite picture of that day. CUTE!
On Sunday my family came over for Easter dinner since my parents were in town. So, we had another egg hunt. Luckily the snow had melted before the egg hunt so we could do it outside. I love watching the kids have fun with their cousins.
And, since we were all together we had a birthday party for Claire. She got Dora presents from Grandma Z and Papa. She LOVES her presents and has to take them everywhere. Her birthday isn't until this Sunday so she will have to wait for presents from Mom and Dad. I can't believe she is going to be 3!
A couple of funny things that the kids said this week:

Jaden was mad at me last week for making him do chores. He didn't think that he should have to clean other peoples messes. We sat and argued about it for a little while and then I got sick of it and told him he can either help me or he won't have privileges that day. He apparently didn't like that so he went upstairs and packed a suitcase and backpack. He left out the front door with no coat on during a huge snow storm. When I heard the door shut I went to see what he was doing and he told me that he was running away. I asked him where he was going to go and he said "Arkansas." "How are you going to get there?" I asked. And then he told me that he was going to walk. Part of me wanted to say "Okay, see you later." but then I couldn't because he might do something stupid. Eventually he came in and helped me clean. Holy cow, that kid is stubborn!

Next, during a conversation at dinner we were talking about how long people go to school. Corbin said that he went to school for 16 years and then Jaden asked how long you have to go to school without college. When Corbin answered with 12, Maelyn got this really astounded look on her face and said "I thought it only went up to 8!" Apparently she will be done with school when she is 13 years old. :)

Lastly today, Claire was sitting in her toy baby stroller. I told her to get out and she did but then she decided to put her foot in the stroller and stand up. I was a little distracted and said "Claire, get your butt out of the stroller NOW!" and then she said "My foot is in the stroller not my butt." She thought she was so funny when I started cracking up. These kids keep me on my toes, that is for sure!

2 comments:

Zina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zina said...

Cute pictures Anaika! We too had lots of fun watching the grandkids find their Easter eggs. Thanks for putting up with us when we are in town. I wished we lived close by so we can see everyone more.