Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Maelyn and the spelling bee

A couple weeks ago Maelyn was able to participate in the school spelling bee. I know I'm slacking with posting pictures about it but the kids have been off track and things have been crazy with them being home. On top of being off track I've had sick kids for 3 weeks straight. Anyway, so before going off track Jaden and Maelyn had class spelling bee's. Jaden came in fourth in his class and that put him out of the school spelling bee by one person. Only the top three kids advance to the school spelling bee. The day Maelyn came home and told me she got in into the school spelling bee I laughed so hard. Jaden is always acting like the know-it-all so when he didn't get in he was soooo mad. He was even more mad when his sister got in and he didn't.

The spelling bee went as good as expected. Maelyn was one of the last to spell in the first round. By that time they have moved on to the fourth grade words. Keep in mind that all these kids are 1-3rd graders. So when it was Maelyn's turn she got the word "nudge". Of course she didn't know it and it wasn't even on the study list because it was a fourth grade word. She spelled it "nuge". I thought she did pretty good considering how hard the word was. Luckily she was okay with not getting the word right. She was happy and I think a little relieved that it was over.

We're proud of you Maelyn!

2 comments:

shoenes said...

Congratulations, Maelyn! You did a great job! We are also so proud of you.

Hoenes Family said...

I am sorry your kids have been sick. That is the worst. Hooray for Maelyn! That is so great.