I have 3 or 4 posts that I need to get done so I'm going to work in order starting with some excitement in my neighborhood. The Extreme Home Makeover show came to Daybreak and I was able to be a part of it in a small way. I really wish I would have had the time to volunteer to help with the house but I have been overwhelmed with stuff so I thought it wouldn't be a good idea to volunteer. I'm regretting that decision now but I'm happy that I got to experience a little part. It was amazing to see how fast this home went up. I was able to take pictures every day so you can see how fast it goes. By day 6 they were done building and were moving furniture in.
The day of the reveal I debated on going because I didn't want to take Claire with me. I ended up finding a babysitter and went to reveal with my backdoor neighbor Kim. It was a really fun to experience it all. We got a great spot luckily because I got there early. I got there at 12:00, they didn't start filming things until 2:30 and I didn't leave until 3:45. It was a long process because of all the filming. They had to bring the limo up by the bus 3 or 4 times and filmed different angles. The family wasn't even in the limo until the very last time. Finally once the limo was brought up, it was neat to see the home being revealed to the family. I cry when I watch the show and I even cried being right there. What can I say? I'm a bawl baby!
I'm really glad that I had the chance to go because when am I EVER going to be able to do something like this again? Stay tuned at the end of September or beginning of October for the airing of this episode. I have a good chance to be on TV :)
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Loved the post. Glad you got to experience that. Wish I was closer so I could tend Claire! Great pictures--as usual.
Post a Comment