Claire has the most active imagination out of all my kids. Watching her play or listening her tell a story is so fun. She has had a few imaginary friends for quite some time. Their names are Buddin and Suddin. We were first introduced to Buddin and Suddin about a year ago. When I would put Claire to bed I would sing her a song. She would constantly be asking for me to sing the "Buddin and Suddin song". I would tell her I didn't know what she was talking about and to choose a song that I knew. Finally Corbin got Claire to explain who Buddin and Suddin are. She explained that they were her friends. Buddin was the naughty one and Suddin was the good one. Since she told us about these friends, they have been making their appearance almost daily. They have had parties together, they have had sleep overs, and they even went to Disneyland with us last fall. While at Disneyland she would turn to the side and ask "Was that fun Buddin?". Right now she will get tired of playing with real friends and come inside and ask me if she can go play with Buddin and Suddin. She will then go upstairs and play by herself for hours. Jaden and Maelyn NEVER did that. I had to entertain them almost constantly so it is kinda nice that Claire can entertain herself. Here's a video of her singing one of the "High School Musical" songs. When I shot this video she had only heard this song a couple times. I was super surprised she knew as much of the song as she did.
One other thing that Claire is into lately is her obsession with marriage. Maelyn was never like this so this is also new. Claire tells us all the time that she wants to marry Riley (a friend from school). She gets super embarrassed if we tell anyone about it. Corbin asked her the other day why she likes Riley and she had a couple reasons, "He is nice to me" and "I like the way he looks". I think I might have a boy crazy girl already. This one is going to be trouble!
2 comments:
What fun you are having! Maybe she inherited the make-believe friends from her dad--he was the only one in our family to have any and he had them quite quite a while. Some were very interesting--some even lived underground! Loved Claire's singing, too!
Okay, that video is priceless. So funny. I love the buddin and suddin story! Oh how I wish we lived closer. I am pretty sure Kenzi and Claire are kindred spirits.
Post a Comment