Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Most of December

Don't ask me how December went because it was all a blur. For some reason I was not in a very festive mood this year. I tried, I really did. Maybe that is why I haven't posted hardly any of my December pictures. Once Christmas was here, I loved every minute but the rest of the month you could have called me the grinch. Just telling you how it was....no sugar coating it :)

Here are a few of the things that went on....

Jaden's birthday party was at the beginning of the month so when his actual birthday came around we got to celebrate with opening presents from Mom, Dad, and Grandparents. He loved everything! Then we headed off to lunch with Grandma and Goompa Hoenes to Olive Garden. Lunch was yummy and it was nice to go out with everyone. Good times!
December 19th was Claire's dance recital. She did super good and was not afraid in the least to be on stage. I think she loves all the attention!
This is Claire's favorite pose right now. Isn't she cute?
December 20th was Jaden's 5th grade play. They did The Little Mermaid and Jaden was the pastor that married Ariel and Eric. He did a great job with his speaking part even though he HATED the idea of being in the play. His main part in the play wasn't being the pastor, it was being on the computer and being in charge of the sound cues. I thought it was hilarious and a bit fitting to see him at the computer for the majority of the play. That's my son, a computer nerd!
One other thing that I didn't get pictures of was of Jaden's Dare graduation. "Dare" is a program in school that teaches kids how to say no to drugs and alcohol. At the end of the program each 5th grade student wrote and essay and 2 kids from every class was chosen to read their essays at the graduation. Jaden's essay was one that was chosen. It was a proud moment to be there to listen to his essay. Man, this kid is a smart cookie!

Up soon......Christmas!

2 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

It's about time you updated! I have been checking all the time! What a bummer you weren't in the Christmas mode this year ;( That makes for a not very fun December! Perhaps it was all the birthday's and crazy things you have to do? I don't know, just saying ;) I love Claire's costume! She is a doll.

shoenes said...

Loved the post--it's great to see what the children have been up to. Claire's costume was great and she looks so happy. Bet Jaden was great in the play--and at the computer! Glad he had a great birthday, too.