Saturday, June 9, 2012

Maelyn turns nine!

Another year has flown by and Maelyn is now nine years old.  Next time I blink she will be driving.  Her birthday was pretty laid back this year.  She didn't have a formal birthday party with friends but had a late night instead.  On her actual birthday we had church and other activities which made it a very busy day.  She is so happy with anything so she still felt really special when we did her presents and cake.  I love the fact that she is so relaxed and happy with the littlest things.  We are really so lucky to have her in our family.  She balances the family out quite nicely.
 
 
The late night with her friends went really good.  We originally only invited 3 but ended up with 5 which was good.  The more the merrier!  I kept asking Maelyn who she wants to invite but she had a hard time coming up with an answer.  Not because she doesn't have friends, she just has a hard time thinking of people.  The late night was filled with pizza, the wii, the trampoline, and a movie.  The girls really had a fun time.  I'm sure we will be doing this late night thing more.  
 
Left to Right
Sophie, Haylee, Avery, Maelyn, Stella, Sariah, Claire

Here is a video of the girls playing Just Dance

 

Happy Birthday sweet Maelyn!

2 comments:

shoenes said...

Loved it--such a great birthday for sweet Maelyn. Especially loved the video of the girls doing Just Dance. It was so great! So glad you do this blog--thanks so much!

Hoenes Family said...

Happy Birthday to Maelyn! Great job on all of your races! 9:20 pace! You go girl! I did a boot camp race where you crawl through mud in the end and it was a blast. I wish I could come and do the mud run with you :( Looks like you had so much fun.