Tuesday, June 5, 2012

On your mark, Get set, Go!

In the last month I have done a couple races with my friend Kim.  The first one was the Race for the Cure right before Mother's day.  It was an interesting race because Kim and I got caught in a HUGE bathroom line so we didn't start the race on time.  The majority of people that do the race actually walk and because of the delay with the bathroom we were stuck behind all the walkers.  Holy cow, that was a fiasco trying to run around all the walkers.  Kim and I are both pretty competitive and despite weaving in and out of the thousands of walkers, we were able to get a 9:20 pace.  Go us!!!
 
The other race that we just did on Saturday was the Dirty Dash in Soldier Hollow (Heber area).  This was a run just to get dirty and have fun.  Kim got a team together, we made shirts with our team name (girls gone dirty), and then made some tutus to run in.  Let me say that this is the most fun I've had in a long time.  

 Here we are all clean before the race
 
The race was filled with mud, obstacles, and a whole lot of laughing.  Corbin came up with the kids to take pictures for us.  He was such a good sport about being there for 1 1/2 hours waiting in the hot sun with the 3 kids.  If I do this race again we will know how to plan better so he doesn't have to wait that long.  I was really nervous about how I would like this race.  I'm not a person who enjoys getting dirty but I really had a good time.  The worst part of the whole day was the ice cold showers to get clean and walking back to our car barefoot.  
 
I got the most dirty right before the finish line when I slipped in a huge pool of muddy water.
 
Here are the girls on the team that I actually know (Kim, me, and Kenzie)
 
Jaden was so happy that he got to spend most of the day outside supporting his mom :)

So, who is up for the Dirty Dash next year?  I know I'll be there again!

1 comment:

shoenes said...

What fun you had! I think it is so great that the children got to watch you get "all dirty"! How fun--I can see how much Jaden enjoyed it--lol. I'd like to come and WATCH next year! Great pictures, too.