Friday, December 21, 2012

A Tree and Two Birthdays

December has been so crazy, like always. I thought I better get in one more post before Christmas.

We usually get our Christmas tree up right after Thanksgiving but this year it wasn't until a week after.  Better late than never right?  The girls were so so excited to decorate the tree.  They basically decorated the whole tree themselves and I didn't even have to rearrange the ornaments this year.  Jaden even got in the fun this year.  He didn't do a lot of his ornaments but at least he wasn't a grumpopotamus like he was last year.
 


Corbin turned 37 this year.  I can't believe how fast 40 is creeping up on us.  How is it that we are so old?  Well, I guess I'm still 34 so I'm still young, right?    We had a last minute party for Corbin with Sharon, Rad, and Marliese's family.  I'm so glad they came because it felt more like a birthday party.  December is a really hard time to have a birthday.  I really want to make Corbin and Jaden's birthday special but I get so stressed out with all the holiday stuff.  I hope they know how much I love them even if I act like a stressed out lady! 

Claire had a ton of fun playing with her cousins. 


Jaden has turned 12 believe it or not!  How is it that he is 12 already?  Crazy I tell you!  When he was a baby I thought age twelve sounded so far away.   Someone recently told me this saying that is totally true.  It is "Days are long but years are short".  How true that is!  

I have been so impressed with Jaden lately.  He really is growing up and has had a great attitude.   Church has been hard for him because he feels like primary is so babyish.  Being in young mens is going to be great for him.  We went to a priesthood preview a few weeks ago and Jaden answered questions knowledgeably, said a heartfelt prayer, and even sang!  I seriously looked over at him and asked myself "Who is this kid?"  I was so proud of him!  Hard to believe that he will be going on a mission in 6 years!  That will seriously happen in a blink of an eye!

I'm so glad he was happy to get shoes and ties ;)

Jaden wanted doughnuts for his "cake"


Man, I love this kid! 
 

2 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Hooray for doughnut cakes! That is way less stressful for you :) What a great kid Jaden is. Love him. I am going to attempt your rolls right now. Seriously. I didn't realize you had done a tutorial with pictures on your blog when we spoke about it on Christmas Eve! What a dummy I am! Wish me luck!!!!

shoenes said...

Love the birthday pictures--Jaden looks so happy! Love it when he smiles!