Saturday, April 27, 2013

All about a Boo Boo

I have been hearing for months from Claire "How much longer until my birthday?" In January she finally started crossing off every day off the calendar.  Let's just say she was a teeny tiny excited to turn six.  Her enthusiasm was quite contagious and fun to watch at times.  At other times it was exhausting because she was unrelenting about asking when it would be here.  So finally April came and it was a whirlwind of activities.

April 7th we went up to Grandma and Grandpa Hoenes' house for a late Easter celebration and an early birthday celebration for Claire.  Grandma spoiled the kids and did an Easter egg hunt even though Easter was over.  Every single year the kids love to find the eggs but it is near impossible to find them all.  I think it takes an hour just to find them all because her yard is so huge and those darn eggs are well hidden.  The older kids are kind of outgrowing the egg hunt but they still participated especially since there was money to be found.  Jaden was cheating and looking specifically for eggs with money in them.  Oreo also had a good time because now she has a friend to play with.  Trevor brought his new dog, Milo, and they had a fun time running together.

After dinner Claire was so anxious to open presents.  It was very hard for her to sit and wait for dishes to be done and for Grandpa to get out of the bathroom so she could open them!  When she did open them, her excitement was very fun to watch.  I unfortunately only took pictures which doesn't capture all the excitement.  I wish I would have had Corbin video taping her :( 

After presents and cake we were all sitting around and talking and the doorbell rang.  Sharon went to answer the door and when she came back she told us it was a policeman.  One of the grandkids had called 911 and hung up.  I'll give you one guess who it was.....Claire.  Yep, our Dennis the menace had called 911.  I went to talk to her about why we don't do that and she was really embarrassed about it.  She didn't want to be around any adults after that.  I wish I would have known what happened before the cop left because I think it would have been more effective having him talk to Claire about why we don't call 911 if it's not an emergency.  Hopefully she learned her lesson!


Finally Claire's birthday was here and I wanted to make her a special birthday breakfast.  I asked her what she wanted and she requested pancakes.  Come to find out I didn't have eggs and so I told Claire we couldn't do pancakes and she was devastated.  So being the great mom I am, I ran to the store bright and early and got eggs.  Once I got them made I put candles in them and sang to her.  Little did I realize that putting candles into hot pancakes was not a good idea.  The wax melted right into the pancakes and ruined them!  Luckily it only ruined the top 2 pancakes and I did have more batter.    

Besides her birthday, Claire has been looking forward to getting Kinderbear from school.  Kinderbear is a teddy bear that each kid gets on their student of the week.  They do activities with the bear and then write what they did in a journal.  I thought it would be fun to have her week on her birthday week but Claire is an impatient girl and it was near impossible to wait that long.  I didn't know it was going to be that big of a deal.

After Corbin got home from work Claire got to open a few presents from Grandma Z and Papa.  They were lucky enough to be in Utah for Claire's birthday.   Claire's excitement was again really fun to watch.  (Kinderbear is opening presents with her)

Before going to Red Robin for dinner it was time to have Claire open her present from me and Corbin. This year Claire asked for her bedroom to have a makeover.  It is the only thing she wanted from us.  I knew how much work that was going to be but I couldn't tell her no.  She wanted it so bad and it needed to be done really bad as well.  She slept in Maelyn's room for 2 weeks and I had to put a special lock on her room to keep her out.  She is a very curious girl and tried to get in several times.  It took tons of my time and tons of my patience to get it done.  I was exhausted by the time her birthday week was over.  It turned out really cute though and she loved it!

Here is the before

And after....
 

I made this bench thanks to Pinterest. Super cute and pretty easy!

I also made this pinboard for her to hang
her coloring pictures on.
I don't want her taping things to her wall anymore :)


Claire loved her new room!  Hip, hip, hooray!


Here is the video of her room reveal (the video is kind of shaky because Maelyn was video taping it)

The day after her birthday, we had a small late night party for Claire.  I was originally going to have just a few friends over for pizza and a movie and somehow it got bigger than that.  I really kept it simple so I didn't stress too much about it.  

Here are the kids from left to right
Cameron, Caisa, Aubree, Parker, Claire, Hallie, Alex

The kids jumped on the tramp, had pizza, played pin the tail on the elephant, opened presents, and then watched a movie.  Pretty simple but fun!
 

I don't know why Claire was pulling a face like this when we sang Happy Birthday.
Silly girl!

Popcorn and movie time!


We are really lucky to have this Boo Boo in our family.  She brings a lot of fun into our family when she is happy.  I really can't believe that she is already six!
 
 

Happy Birthday sweetie!

3 comments:

shoenes said...

Wow! April was really busy for you! So much fun to see how excited Claire was for her birthday. She is lucky to have so many friends and family to celebrate with her. I've been excited to see her room and I love it! You did a great job! So many cute pictures, too!

shoenes said...

Yeah, the room reveal worked and it was so fun to see Claire's reaction! You could tell she really loves it. It is a beautiful room.

Unknown said...

It was great to be there and to see Claire's excitement, especially when she had her room reveal. You did a great job on her room. I think that the whole room reveal was fun for Claire. It was fun to see her with her Kinderbear. She dragged that bear around for the whole week. She is a sweet girl and is a lot of fun to be around.