
We went fishing at the Daybreak lake which is so nice and convenient. The weather was perfect, cloudy but warm. When we got there some guy came up to us and gave us a hot dog and said that the fish love the hot dogs. We decided to give it try. Within one minute of Claire putting her pole in the water, she had a bite. Corbin hadn't even gotten Maelyn's pole ready yet! Because I don't touch fish, Corbin came toward Claire to help her with Maelyn's pole in his hand. I was trying to take pictures of Claire and all of a sudden I felt a sharp pain in my elbow. Guess what? Corbin had hooked me with Maelyn's pole! He ran right into me with the hook! He will tell everybody that I walked into him but make no mistakes, he ran into me! Luckily the hook wasn't deep into my skin and it wasn't too painful to get it out.

Maelyn had the same luck as Claire with catching a fish. I think the longest they had to wait to catch a fish was 2 minutes. They both caught a fair amount of fish for the 45 minutes we were there. I think they both caught 3-4 fish.

The girls really had such a good time fishing. Jaden on the other hand sat in his chair the whole time asking how much longer. Teenagers!

After fishing we headed to a new park in Daybreak. It was a blast! They have a zip line, climbing ropes, a huge slide, a creek to play in, a basketball court, and a volleyball net. We didn't stay too long because everyone was starving but I can tell we will be coming here a ton!





1 comment:
I think my girls would love to go fishing at your house. They don't even know what fishing is! Poor deprived children! Haha! Looks like you had a blast. Love all the pics.
Post a Comment