This year we drove to California a day earlier than we usually go so we could have a day of relaxing before going to Disneyland. So on our day "off" we went to the beach, went swimming in the pool, and went out to dinner.
Jaden and Maelyn said they didn't want to swim at the beach so we didn't take swimsuits. Jaden didn't even want to go to the beach but Claire has never seen the ocean so I totally wanted to go. We went to Newport beach and took a nice walk on the pier first. It was a nice walk until we came to the end of the pier and there were a ton of people fishing. It stunk so bad! I almost gagged, it was so bad. Anyone who knows me, knows that I HATE fish and all the smells that come with it. I don't even like Corbin to cook fish in the house because I can't handle the smell.

After our pier experience we headed down to the beach. For the first little while the kids just enjoyed collecting sea shells and jumping over the waves. They didn't get too wet until...they decided it was too much fun not to get wet!

They all ended up drenched and they had a blast! I really wish we would have brought swimsuits because they had a ton of fun and could have spent more time in the water. It was really the perfect day for the beach.

We spent three days in Disneyland which is perfect but by the end of those days we were exhausted! We try to avoid crowds by going in the fall but there was a good crowd this year. We have been to Disneyland enough that we know how to get around without waiting in super long lines which is very helpful. This year we reached a milestone with our kids. They are all tall enough for all the rides! Yipee! It was Claire's first time to go on California screaming and Indiana Jones. She is such a dare devil so she was so excited to go on the big rides. She was barely tall enough for California Screaming and we were even a little worried that she wouldn't make the cut off but she did luckily! She absolutely loved the ride. She wanted to go time and time again. I think we rode it about 7 times while we were there. It is a good thing all the kids love that ride. Another ride that is always popular is Tower of Terror. I sat out of that ride more than half of the time because I hate it!

Disneyland wouldn't be the same for Claire without getting some signatures in a notebook. We only saw the ones with a short line and if she didn't have their signatures.




1 comment:
Looks like a great vacation! Loved seeing Jaden smile so much! He must have really been having fun. So many great photos. Glad you ALL had such a fun time. It's true, they do grow up too fast, so enjoy the time while you can.
Post a Comment