Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Scout camp

July has been insanely busy for me so I'm just now getting to post pictures about scout camp. Jaden went to scout camp two days before leaving to Albuquerque so it was a busy week for all of us. I was able to go with Jaden again this year and this year I remembered my camera! It was a good opportunity to spend time with my little boy who is sadly not little anymore. He is growing up way too fast for me. What happened to the little boy who loved to make things out of cardboard and who would snuggle me and rub my ear? It is amazing how fast they grow up.
The first thing the boys did at scout camp was to dig for gold like in the California gold rush days. The scout leader asked some pretty hard questions and of course Jaden knew the answers. He is such a smart boy! I didn't even know the answers myself.
After the gold digging we went on a short hike and then on to tying knots. Jaden was pretty good at doing this as well. Of course he had to be silly with the knots when he was done. What is scout camp without a little silliness?
Next the boys went to play some old fashioned games. They played horse shoes and some tug a war games.
Quick story about the tug a war game, Jaden was paired up with another boy in the ward who has autism. Jaden kept winning the game and this boy was getting a little frustrated with losing. I whispered to Jaden to let the other boy win and Jaden did let him win the rest of the time. Jaden is a VERY competitive boy so I was proud of Jaden to let this other boy win. I think Jaden saw how happy he made this boy and he felt good about that. It was a proud moment for me.
Here is the boys reaction to winning. Doesn't that make you smile?
After lunch time it was off to the BB gun station. This is what Jaden looked forward to the most. Unfortunately they only let them shoot four BB's. Jaden was really disappointed that he didn't get to do more than that and I was a little upset too. That's what these boys came to do and they only get to do four?

The last stop of the day was the obstacle course. This was fun to watch because you could tell a lot about a boy with how they went through the course. Some boys have no fear, like Jaden, and some boys are more reserved.
It was a fun day for the boys and it was a good opportunity for me to hang out with Jaden.

2 comments:

shoenes said...

That was such a great blog about Jaden and Scout camp. It will be a great memory for him and this pictures were fantastic!

Mallory said...

Jaden is getting so big and he is such a cute kid! Parker loves playing with Jaden. The pictures look great like always!