Friday, July 27, 2012

Fourth of July

Most of the time we spend fourth of July in Kaysville with Hoenes side of the family.  I think last year was one of the only times we weren't in Kaysville for the fourth.  I do love spending time with the fam and doing all the holiday traditions.  First up was the parade.  Claire is the only one of my kids who is really into the parade thing still.  Maelyn is kind of growing out of it and Jaden is completely over the parade phase.  He was not a happy camper being at the parade.


Here are the girls waiting for the parade to start.  Corbin surprised them and bought some cotton candy for the kids.  I was shocked because usually it takes the kids begging for something like that before he buys it.  The girls were so happy to get some cotton candy!


The one picture I got of Jaden at the parade that he is actually happy is this picture of Oreo.  He totally loves his dog!

Here is the annual parade cousin picture.  It is a ton smaller because Taylor's kids and Marliese's kids weren't there :(  We miss all the cousins!

After the parade we headed up to Grandma Hoenes' for a BBQ.  After the BBQ we got to spend the afternoon relaxing and playing with cousins.  To help pass the time until fireworks we took the kids to the "castle" park.  They love coming to this park.  We took dinner with us and had some pizza.  While eating Parker tells me he has a headache but he continues to eat.  After eating Parker and Jaden decide to go on the tire swing.  I told them it wasn't a good idea to do that right after eating because they might throw up.  Did they listen?  No!!!  After spinning around for 5 minutes Parker decides that he doesn't feel good and gets off to go throw up.  Fun times I tell you!
 

Other than the puke, the kids had a great time at the park.  After the park we headed to the fireworks.  The fireworks are always my favorite thing of the day.  It was a great day!  I am so thankful for this holiday to remind us of our freedom in this wonderful country.

1 comment:

shoenes said...

Great pictures of the holiday! You took a lot more than I thought you had. Hope we get some of our family members to return for July next year. Glad Jaden came along even though he didn't want to be there.