Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sometimes...

Sometimes I take pictures with my iPhone and then I forget about them.  They aren't the best pictures compared with my "real" camera but I decided I needed to share some of them nonetheless.  

A few months ago Maelyn had her first mother/daughter activity for activity days.  We had a cupcake decorating class and it was a blast.  Maelyn is such a sweet and silly girl.  It was so much fun to go spend time with her.  

At the end of May, our ward split and we got put into the new ward.  Luckily right before the ward split Jaden earned his very first awards as a Boy Scout.  He was able to go on enough campouts with his troop and with Corbin that he was able to earn his Scout, Tenderfoot, and Second Class.  I say he is lucky to get these before the ward split because the new ward doesn't have an 11 year leader yet AND Jaden is the only 11 year old scout in the whole ward so I am worried that Jaden will even want to participate if he is the only boy there.  Hopefully he will want to go because I think scouts is very important for him.

End of the school year means field trips for my kids.  This year I was able to chaperone Maelyn's field trip to the aquarium.  It was so fun to go spend the day with her on the bus and at the aquarium.  I was lucky to get a great group of girls to hang out with.  Two of these girls were in our old ward (sniff, sniff)
 
The end of the school year also means class performances.  Maelyn's class did a great job!  Most of you know that Maelyn is pretty shy and quiet.  She really surprised me when she got up with her little group of classmates and sang in front of everyone.  If you choose to watch the video you can really hear her singing loud at the beginning of the song the best.


More recently....on Friday our neighbor had an end of the year water party in her backyard.  The girls had a blast playing in the kiddie pool and having a water fight.
 
Then yesterday we were at the aquarium again for a birthday party.  I helped out with the party so none of the kids would get lost.  Lots and lots of fun!!!


So there you have it, a few of my iPhone pictures.  I can't always take my big fancy camera everywhere  although I still had to edit the photos ;-)

2 comments:

shoenes said...

Those wonderful iPhones! Great pictures even if not with the "big" camera. So great to see all the fun activities going on in their lives!

Hoenes Family said...

Hooray for iphone photos! Keep them coming!