Saturday, July 28, 2012

Grandma Z and Papa time!

I have been looking forward to this week for a long time and so has Claire.  Now that Claire is five she gets to go to Grandma Z and Papa's house for a week for some quality time.  Maelyn and Jaden have both had time to go by themselves but now that more kids are getting older they have to take more than one kid.  So this year Maelyn and Claire got to go together.

I can't even begin to describe how excited Claire was for this trip.  She has been talking about turning five for at least a year because at five she could pierce her ears and could fly to Grandma's.  Typically the kids fly without an adult as an unaccompanied minor but Southwest took their direct flights to Albuquerque away.  So because of that my mom flew to Utah just to fly the girls back.  I really have the best mom ever!  I think my mom liked flying Claire to Albuquerque because Claire's reaction was really cute.  Claire hasn't been on an airplane since she was a couple months old so this was her first real airplane ride.  I got to go to the gate so I could help my mom with the wheelchair (her feet have been terrible since her surgeries).  It was so fun to see how excited Claire was.
 

My mom and the girls were the first ones on the plane and the pilot came over to talk to the kids.  When he found out it was Claire's first time on a plane he took the girls to the cockpit and let them sit in the pilots seat.  How cool is that?  I seriously didn't think they did that anymore.  After they got to sit in the pilots seat they were getting ready to take off and the pilot came on the intercom and said "We would like to welcome some first time fliers, Maelyn and Claire".  I really wish I would have been there even though I'm glad that my mom got to see it!  When they took off Claire was squealing and super excited.  My mom said she had to hush her a few times :)

The girls had a great time with Grandma Z and Papa.  They got to go to Build-a-Bear, swimming, to a bounce house place, and other things.  Man, they are spoiled!  I am so glad my kids get this one-on-one time with their grandparents especially since they live so far away.  

My week flew by without the girls here.  I got a ton of stuff done along with having some fun.  I was able to spend a day with Kali getting pedicures and going to lunch with her and Sharon.  It was nice to spend time with Kali before she headed back to Tucson.  The other fun thing I did was go shopping up at the Park City outlets with my friend Kim.  Other than that I just cleaned and organized Claire's room and my storage room.  I took out half of the things in Claire's room and did a major overhaul on the storage room.  It felt so good to dejunk!  Here are the before and after pictures of the storage room (yes, I know there is still a ton of stuff in there but at least it is organized!)

I did miss my girls while they were gone but it was super nice to have peace and quiet for a week.  I finally got my vacation without actually going anywhere.  Thanks Mom and Dad!  You're the best!

2 comments:

shoenes said...

Well, the girls really got a great trip on an airplane--I didn't know they took anyone to the cockpit--that is so great and exciting for them! They really sound like they had such a fun time with grandma & grandpa. It's great they can have such a great time with them. Loved the fun pictures

Hoenes Family said...

Wow! Nice work on the storage room! Way to make wise use of your time! Loved all the updates! Keep them coming!