Wednesday, February 12, 2014

He's officially a gorilla!

When I was growing up, my Granddad called all teenagers gorillas.  You were a gorilla from the time you turned 13 all the way until you were 20.  He called us that because gorillas are unreasonable and emotional, just like a teenager.  I have an official gorilla living with me now.  Jaden turned 13 in December.  He is a pretty good teenager so far.  No gorilla like behavior....yet.  For his birthday Jaden asked for mostly practical items.  He asked for new church clothes, new shoes, and a hard drive.

I think he was happy about the hard drive
Jaden loves donuts so he got a donut cake
For Jaden's friend party we had a few boys over for pizza and then they went to see the Hobbit at the theater.  Nothing too fancy but they had a good time.
Austin, Jaden, Madden, Mason

We are so lucky to have this kid in our family.  I'm quite scared of the teenage years but so far it isn't so bad.  Jaden is really mature for his age which makes it easy to talk to him.  Don't get me wrong, he can be a really annoying, loud, and emotional at times but he is a really good kid.  We are super proud of him!

1 comment:

shoenes said...

Love the "gorilla" classification! Jaden is a great kid! He's so smart and love his smile! Hopefully, he won't be too much like a "gorilla".