We got two Thanksgiving dinners this year. How lucky are we? On Thanksgiving day we had dinner with the my side. We went over to Shereece's house and had some yummy food. I LOVE Thanksgiving dinner! It was just a small group of people at Shereece's. It was her family, my family, and my parents. I didn't get pictures but the food and the company was great!
On Friday we headed up to the Hoenes family Thanksgiving. All the cousins were there! Marliese and Mike's family was there on their way from Paraguay to Kazakhstan. Taylor and Kali was there from Arizona and Kirsten was there from California. It's not very often we get everyone there. Claire was in heaven with all her girl cousins to play with!
Back at the end of October or beginning of November (I can't remember exactly), Claire talked to Kenzi on FaceTime and saw that Kenzi had lost both of her front teeth. Claire was missing one of her front teeth and I told her that if she looses her other tooth she would be just like Kenzi and then they could sing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth". For the week after that conversation Claire worked non-stop to wiggle that tooth out. I caught her several times with blood on her fingers and the corners of her mouth from wiggling that tooth. She wouldn't stop even after me getting after her to stop! She is one determined girl! She got it out and wanted to get a picture with Kenzi but by the time Thanksgiving was here, Kenzi's teeth had started to grow in.
On Saturday we met up with the cousins and went to see the new disney movie "Frozen". After the movie we went to see the Christmas tree and fountains since we were already at the Gateway mall. It was freezing so we didn't last too long since we didn't dress for walking outside in cold temperatures.
It really was a fun weekend. I think Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Good food and good company and none of the stress of presents! Next up......crazy December!





1 comment:
So glad to see the pictures of most of the cute cousins all together. Next time we'll have to get all of them! Loved the picture of Claire and Kenzi and how determined Claire was to be like Kenzi! The pictures of everyone enjoying the lights and fountains were great, too. Loved seeing the joy in the faces of those cute little children. Keep taking those pictures!
Post a Comment