Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Primary

 

As many of you know, I am in the primary presidency right now. It is the second time I have been in the primary presidency and most likely not my last. It has been a lot of work but also a lot of fun. I am getting to know more people in my ward which is a very good thing for me considering I am still very shy. People who knew me in high school would know that I was extremely shy back then. I am little better now so I guess that is a good thing. Anyhow, I just have a few cute stories to tell about how kids can say the cutest or funniest things. The first thing happened in January when it was my month to do sharing time. I had a sharing time on the premortal life and the things we learned there. I had props to teach the children about the different things we learned. For example I had some clothes to represent learning about getting a body. I showed the senior primary kids a thermometer. I asked them what they thought it represented. It was supposed to represent the trials we will have on earth. They were stumped. I asked them if they knew what the object was and someone said "It looks like a pregnancy test!". I about died! I kind of let out a little of a laugh but then thought that I better keep it in. HOLY COW! I wanted to bust up laughing.

The second story happened the other day. I was at the grocery store and saw a little girl in my ward and I said hi to her and her mom. We then left the grocery store at the same time. After I got my kids in the car the mom came over to my car to tell me that her girl asked her "Why isn't sister Hoenes in the primary room?". Apparently that is where I'm supposed to be at all times! I thought that was pretty cute.

No comments: