Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fruits of our labor

My vegetable garden has gone from this.....
.....to this! I love summertime with all the fresh fruits and veggies. We have already been enjoying the vegetables from our garden and they are WONDERFUL! Corbin said that he is never going to have canned green beans again after having the fresh beans from the garden. This is our first year of a "real" garden. We have always grown tomatoes but they have just been planted in a flower bed. We are learning what works and what doesn't but so far I think we are doing pretty good.
Our first pumpkin
One of the strawberries that we have been enjoying

A quick story about Maelyn......the other day we were driving in the car and Maelyn was watching "Ice Age". When Scat was trying to get his acorn in one of the scenes, Maelyn yelled out "Your life is more important than the acorn!" So true Maelyn, so true! Kids say the best things!

3 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Your garden looks amazing! I am so jealous. I love the Maelyn story and the picture. She is a so pretty.

Roberta said...

Holy vegetables! I wish we had a yard big enough to do a garden. It looks great! You guys are pros!

shoenes said...

I'm jealous, too. Your garden looks really great! You've done a great job, especially this year when June was not very sunny. Now I know where to come for the fresh vegetables and fruit!