Friday, July 3, 2009

Catch up time

I guess I've been slacking when it comes to my blog. My mom informed me that I haven't posted for a while so I guess I need to get on the ball. It's been a crazy week so I haven't been on top of it. Yesterday was Jaden and Maelyn's last day of school, thank goodness. It really doesn't feel like it should be July 4th tomorrow. It literally feels like the beginning of June. Jaden is very excited to be done with school but Maelyn is sad. All day yesterday she kept telling me that she already misses Mrs. Evans. She loves her teacher and will miss her. Next year she will be going to school all day. I can't believe she is old enough for that.

Mrs. Evans and Maelyn
Last Saturday was a family reunion for Corbin's family. It was in Oak City, Utah which is close to Delta. They are both really small towns about an hour away from Nephi. Oak City is smaller than where my grandparents are in Malad, Idaho. I didn't realize there were towns smaller than Malad :-) Anyhow, the kids had a blast playing in the dirt, in the water, going on horse rides, and 4-wheeler rides. It was good to spend the day with the family and watch the cousins play together. One of these days I'll convince the Hoenes family to do a little vacation together. It would be a blast! There are a ton of pictures of the reunion so enjoy looking at them.

Maelyn, Bridger, Claire, and Kaylin playing in the dirt
Claire and Kenzi....these two are so much the same that they could be twins
Corbin, Taylor, and Rad
Claire and Kenzi getting ready to swim
Parker and Jaden
Crazy boys!
4-wheeling with Dad

Yeehaw!
Kali and me
After the reunion we drove into Delta to see Grandma Finlinson (Corbin's grandma). She was just put into an assisted living center so she was unable to go to the reunion. It was good to see her even though it was a quick visit. The picture I got is not the greatest but it will do. The kids were tired and ready to go home at this point. It was a good day and one of the best parts was that Claire did good in the car. This gives me hope she will do good when I drive to Albuquerque next month by myself with the kids. Let's hope anyway!

No comments: