Sunday, July 5, 2009

A fun weekend

I love holidays! It doesn't matter which holiday it is, I love them. I love spending time with family. I love watching the faces of my kids as they have fun. I love to see them having fun with their cousins. I am so grateful that my kids can experience all the fun family traditions. One tradition that we have for July 4th is to go to the Kaysville parade with Grandma & Grandpa Hoenes. This parade is the best because the kids love to get the candy that the floats throw out. Sometimes it can be a fight to get the candy, as we found out this year, but the kids still love it. I'm amazed at how big this parade is getting. When we first started coming to this parade it was a short, little parade. But now it is HUGE and there are a ton of people. After the parade we headed to Grandma's house for a BBQ and then we went to fireworks that night. Claire and Kenzi's reaction to the fireworks was the best. It's because they are little and so excited about them. Kenzi kept calling the fireworks big pop-its. Claire tried to say the colors of the fireworks but most of the time she would say that they were blue. Everything is blue to her right now. She is getting better with her colors. Anyhow, it was good to have fun with the family and spend the day together.

We got most of the cousins in this picture :-)
Claire and Kenzi LOVE each other!



Grandma and Brooke with Brooke's new bear.
Claire Bear also got a new bear from the parade
Claire wouldn't throw the pop-its on the ground. Instead she would step on them to pop them.
Keelie and Maelyn doing sparklers
Mini Moo having fun

No comments: