In this picture you can kind of see the guy in the fish tank. There is a fish that swam right over his face as soon as I took the picture. The kids watched him feeding the fish for a long time. They thought it was cool.
Maelyn called this the "funny fish". It had a huge mouth and it was about the size of Claire.
Maelyn was a little scared to be this close to a shark even though I told her that they can't get through the glass. She wasn't totally scared but this picture looks like she is. :)After the aquarium we headed to the botanical garden to see the butterflies. It is right next to the aquarium which made it nice and convenient. Maelyn is really the only one who enjoyed the butterflies. Claire's attention span isn't long enough to sit and watch them and Jaden was being a moody teenager because he didn't want to see the butterflies.
This picture was my favorite of the day. These girls are so cute together. Maelyn is a great big sister to Claire. I'm really lucky to have Maelyn to help because without her I would go even more crazy than I already am. Claire just need a lot of attention which is really hard to give her 24/7 so with Maelyn's help I'm able to get a few things done without having to be with Claire.
We all had a great time with Grandma Z and Papa. It was super nice to see a lot of them this summer. Between Island Park and going to see them in Albuquerque we were able to spend a lot of time together. I'm sure they enjoyed their quiet house when we left because with 3 kids it is always noisy. The drive home was........maybe we shouldn't go there. Let's just say, it is good to be home!!!!
2 comments:
What a great trip you guys had! Loved all the pics. Makes me want to take Kenzi to an aquarium. I am pretty sure Arizona has NOTHING like that! Does a wet cactus count?! What are you going to do when Maelyn goes to school!? You will have to fly here with Claire and play with us!
So glad you had such a great summer and so much fun with your parents and that there are so many fun things to do in New Mexico.
Post a Comment