Monday, August 31, 2009

School is in session

Today was the first day of school for Jaden and Maelyn. I seriously don't know where the summer went. We even had a longer summer than usual because my kids are going to a new charter school. The school had to delay the first day because the building's construction wasn't completed. So, they started a week late which isn't too bad. Jaden and Maelyn both had a great first day. They had fun at school and they both loved their teachers. Jaden has a male teacher this year and is so excited about that. Maelyn is excited about every part of school. She is excited that she gets to eat at school now that she is in first grade. It is so hard to believe that she is old enough to go to school all day. Wasn't she just a baby? Wait, I now have a new baby named Claire. Even she isn't a baby anymore though. What happened to all of my babies. Oh, that's right, they are all growing up!



Here are a few more pictures from my new toy. Believe me, I have taken a ton of pictures but won't put them all on here. I'll try to control myself and only put on the really good ones. A friend from my ward is going to teach me how to use all the fancy modes on my camera next week so hopefully my pictures will get better and better. The fist picture here was taken this afternoon when Claire was playing in the sandbox. She was having a good time out there. The second picture was taken at the lake in my neighborhood. As you can see, I'm having a ton of fun with my new toy.

2 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

They are growing up! Right before my eyes! I hope they like their new school, and I hope Claire adjusts to not having Maelyn around to entertain her! Good luck to you :) You are already a professional. Love those last 2 pics.

shoenes said...

Jaden and Maelyn do look all grown up. The time does go by quickly, so I'm glad you are taking lots of lots of pictures to remember all those days that just seem to slip by very quickly. You are doing so great with your camera--I'm impressed! So glad you do this blog--so I can keep to date with your family.