Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pieces of June

The first couple weeks of June were mostly filled with end of the school festivities.  Maelyn had her play and Claire had a singing program.  Claire loves doing these little performances!  She definitely loves the spotlight!


So Daybreak was celebrating it's 10 year anniversary in June and since Corbin and I were the first residents of Daybreak, we had a lot of attention on us in June.  We were interviewed for a Daybreak blog post and we got invited to a special, fancy, invitation only dinner on one of the new bridges over the lake.  It was catered by a celebrity chef (can't remember her name but she is on the food network).  The food was not very good in my opinion but maybe I'm just picky.  They served duck and I'm NOT a gourmet eater.  Haha!  During the dinner they had a bunch of mucky muck's from Daybreak giving speeches and of course they had to mention the Hoenes'.  Then they had us stand up and wave.  So embarrassing!  I really hate attention like that!

(All these photo's were taken by someone else and put on the Daybreak website)


One thing in June was Maelyn's piano recital.  I'm really proud of how far she has gotten with her piano skills.  I love to hear her play!  I can tell she loves to play too because I never have to remind or bug her to practice!


No comments: