Monday, June 1, 2009

All things girly

Claire is 100% girl. She loves to do anything that has to do with dressing up and being like her mom or sister. One thing she has a fascination with are shoes. I am constantly finding shoes all over the house from Claire wearing them. Another thing she loves are purses and wallets. This fascination started shortly after turning one. Luckily she leaves my wallet alone now that she has her own. Then there is lotion which she is obsessed about. Last week she dumped a whole bottle of body wash on her carpet thinking she was going to get lotion. After trying to clean that up for 2 hours I've decided to call the carpet cleaners. I wish I didn't have to lock everything away from her. Lastly, she loves keys and cars. I know this isn't girly but she sees me using keys all the time so she just wants to imitate me. On Saturday she took my car keys into the van and locked herself in. Unfortunately I only have the one copy of the car key. I guess it is a good thing that Claire understands me very well and follows instructions. I was able to tell her to get the keys and push the buttons. It took about 5 minutes before she finally pushed the right button to unlock the door. Whew! I do love this girl who wants to be like me. Even though she stresses me out, there is nothing like having a hug and a kiss from her.

2 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

I swear these girls are sending vibes into eachothers minds. I swear everything you just said, including locking herself in the car is Kenzi to a tee! I am excited for them to get to hang out with eachother in a few weeks!

Corbin Hoenes said...

Wait a second...Kenzi and Claire together? :| that could be bad--funny, but bad!