Thursday, October 1, 2009

Raingutter victory!

Last night was Jaden's first cub scout race. This year the scouts did the raingutter regatta. Jaden was so excited to do the race but not as excited to build his boat. I think Corbin and I built the majority of the boat. Part of the problem with building the boat was that Jaden was sick so he didn't feel up to it. He might have been more excited to build the boat if we hadn't procrastinated until the last minute when he was sick. Oh well, there is nothing like teaching your kids to procrastinate :) The racing kind of took FOREVER but the boys had a ton of fun. Jaden especially had fun because he won the whole race. With how competitive Jaden is, he was super excited to win.



Jaden got the award for the best sail. They didn't give him a special award for winning the whole thing. It was a fun night for everyone there.

3 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Oh what fun! I hope to have a boy someday.......before the millenium!

shoenes said...

Way to go, Jaden. We never did the raingutter regatta--just the cars. It is fun when they win. Cub scouts is lots of fun (lol). Glad he has a great parents to help with all the activities.

Roberta said...

Before I know it Zach will be in Scouts! What a great program for boys!